Wednesday, February 8, 2012

What is on my workdesk today?

Ironed tea bag paper, india ink, nib mapping pen, rubber stamps and an old book lay on my work surface today waiting to be used to make a zine that I am designing. You can see the zine itself at the bottom of the photo.


The cover of my zine entitled: know [38]


Page 1 showing an owl sketched in india ink.


The center spread (pages 2 and 3) show the message: to go through I listen to my gut feelings


Page 4 and the inside back cover. I sewed a few sequins on to this page. The image is from an Asian stationers stamp. I don't know what it says and so hope I don't offend anyone.


The size of my zine is 1.5 inches wide X 2 inches long (approximately). You can see that tea bag paper likes to bleed. This is part of the visual that is unique in my opinion.

Thanks for dropping by; to see more fabby art from other wonderful players go here.

9 comments:

  1. Supper cute, love the technique you are using.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous works of art, but I do especially love the Owl, he is beautiful :)

    Have a fab WOYWW and a great week, Karen #90

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this, a great technique to, makes something unique. Thanks for sharing & enjoy this week's WOYWW. I've been nosing at lots of desks in my attempt to visit everyone. Zo xx 83

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such beautiful art, love this technique thanks for sharing, Have a great week, Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that wonderful aged paper - just perfect with the ink! Thanks for letting us look in and peek at your desk... Sarah at 7...

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's really pretty Norma. I'm guessing here, but surely if the Asian stamp has such pretty flowers on,it can't say anything horrid! Like the lines stamp too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Julia: it was tongue in cheek. I'm always aware of other alphabets and languages and wondering what offensive bits get their way into collages. In a 'funny' way, that is. Meanwhile I shaved off the Japanese alphabet bits and am left with just the plum blossoms! *smiles* Norma

    ReplyDelete
  8. For some reason I thought zine's were digital, well not anymore after I saw yours, great work
    ☻/ღ˚ •。* ˚ ˚✰˚ ˛★* 。 ღ˛° 。* °♥ ˚ • ★ *˚ .ღ 。
    ˛˚ღ •˚ ˚Happy Valentines Day˚ ✰* ★
    / \ ˚. ★ *˛ ˚* ✰。˚ ˚ღ。* ˛˚ 。✰˚* ˚ ★ღ ˚ 。✰ •* ˚
    Bridget #51

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Thanks for dropping by and we'll see you soon, I hope, *smiles* Norma

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...