Saturday, February 11, 2012

Success comes from hard work

Many the time I have heard this but I learned it for my self these past few days. I've been struggling and failing badly with my attempt to master a zine that I'm designing from used tea bag paper. One tea bag gives one zine which measures about 1.5" wide by 2" tall and gives 4 pages with a front and back cover. I've pushed through to success and am very proud of myself. Here are 5 zines which constitute my first successful batch. There will be no stopping me now!


So I have two zines which I'll keep for reference, one zine is a gift, and two will likely go up on my etsy shop. I am very pleased to be able to offer these.
Every zine is one of a kind. Every one has a front cover with a hand drawn sketch of something and a title that features numbers of some sort with a word or two to give the feeling of the zine. For example below you see: 36 warning as the title, inside there is a sketch of a bird using india ink with yellow acrylic coloration and gold watercolor highlights and the message is~in darkness, Every moment is an opportunity; 47 of mental shows bamboo drawn in an india ink sketch and inside the sketch is a lotus blossom with the message~'I'd like to be flexible.'
My goal is not to explain poetry but for this blog I'll say that 36 warning is a heads-up to remind one that not only yourself, but others can utilize a moment of their choosing, and 47 of mental can be read as of things mental, or of things of the mind.


Messages are made using cut text from antique books and typewritten messages on the paper from the margins of the same old books. I love my manual typewriter.


45 magic is one I'll keep or give away as a present. Inside shows a sketch of an owl and the message says~if you wish, Your life is your work of art.
IV artist is a gift to an artist who gave a wonderful workshop training session which I attended a few weeks ago. I made this zine as a thank you to the artist. The inside message says~Forever, I am learning to trust my intuition. It also features a drawing of an owl.


So that's what I've been up to these days with my head down cutting and drawing and pasting and mouthing expletives with frustration. It's all good now!

Thanks for dropping by and I look forward to seeing you soon I hope! *smiles* Norma

3 comments:

  1. I love the way these look and give me a reason to stop and think while I look at them. Your hard work was for sure worth it .
    jillx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, how you can work this beautifully this small amazes me. I don't have the dexterity. xox Corrine

    ReplyDelete
  3. amazing what a person can and does do with tea bags.... hmmm.... what have I been doing? tossing them in the garbage of course.... maybe I'll have to give some little thing a try some day...

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Thanks for dropping by and we'll see you soon, I hope, *smiles* Norma

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...