Sunday, June 16, 2013

Astraeia

dc107: morning, noon, and night

Helen, our great host for this drawing challenge has given us the theme this week and I must thank her for a wonderful journey it has (is as we speak) taken me on. I am still working on my project and so am not completely sure how it will turn out. This is what I have so far:

A painting on a sheet of tea bag paper.

When my project is complete I'll pop back and show you here. Meanwhile, have a visit to Helen's place so you can be linked to all of the players this week. It is always an interesting and fun time.

It's a few hours later and I worked on the project to completion. It is a little book telling a small bit about Astraeia with the theme of morning, noon, and night playing a part. Here is the front cover:


If you untie the golden threads you will see the inside:


Flip over to the other side and you will see:


I learned tons doing this little book. Tons!!

 Thanks for dropping by. See you soon! *smiles* Norma, x


11 comments:

  1. this is promising, I want to see it finished, please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is she Indian, Greek, Arabian? So many possibilities. We will wait morning, noon and night to find out what the final piece is to become!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmm interesting.....I'll wait to surprised.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW Norma! It is a beauty - a real beauty! I love the thought you put into everything you do, (even the comments you leave)! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really a little treasure, unusual and very very beautiful.
    thumbs up!
    BarbaraBee

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful handcrafted book Norma...........Im glad you were inspired to do a book. Your books are always intriguing and engaging. It fits the story perfectly and interprets the theme really well.

    To say I love it is an understatement!

    Have a wonderful week

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your creation is beyond good - gorgeous, creative and left me saying WOW!!! You are so talented!!
    sandy

    ReplyDelete
  8. i am so intrigued, also by the fact your learned tons...!
    i love your little astreia, she looks so promising, only to become a constellated star... what a fate...
    n♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely, Norma.
    I must learn more about Astraeia.
    love, sus

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful Norma!

    she is a star! what a great myth...I forget how they make me feel and thank you for the reminder :)

    PS I'm hosting the next DC- "solstice" if you'd like :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. another interesting design my dear, you keep inventing new ones and you keep surprising me,
    Astraeia, hiding...she represent justice doesn't she, justice sometimes hiding too (just a thought), i also love the starry sky with the golden thread and the beautiful handwriting, lovely Norma, x

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Thanks for dropping by and we'll see you soon, I hope, *smiles* Norma

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...