Friday, March 9, 2012

Failed art tag

Sometimes one has to continue on to the bitter end when one is working on a piece that they know is a failure. Because there are lessons to be learned in the process. My bird tag is such. Here is the finished tag. I am so sick of looking at it due to having laboured for hours over it, that I've now given it away. Someone's fresh eyes will enjoy it and be able to use it as a tag.


I'm not going to go in to the many troublesome spots (boring) but will say that the tag was meant to stand on its' own and doesn't. For this shot, I am holding it in situ.


I took a picture at this point in construction as only one mistake is present. I thought I'd better get a shot in case I wreck the piece completely. As it turns out the tag didn't work for a number of reasons, but I do love the sweetness of the sprite riding the swallow to some unknown destination.



Thanks for dropping by! See you soon, I hope. Wonderful day to all of you, *smiles* Norma

6 comments:

  1. failed tag?...beautiful art!!!it would be wonderful in a mixed media piece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite agree with Ann,it is lovely.Bet who ever received it is very pleased.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for stopping by Norma. I too think your tag is beautiful. But I too have had many paintings that I just feel I can't get right- ending up working them to death and then somehow- give them new life- with a whole other look- or end up painting a new painting on top of the old one. I do this way too often! That is a huge coincidence about the paper that you're working on and what Seth created his artwork on. Hope this brings you extra special luck to be the winner. So glad to find you. Will be back to continue looking at your artwork!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your tag is lovely, your beautiful spirit infuses it's wabi sabi grace. xox Corrine

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like it Norma but I understand when one struggles and the end result is not what you had originally planned you can't look at it anymore.
    I love the colours especially.
    I am sure the recipient will love it.
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Thanks for dropping by and we'll see you soon, I hope, *smiles* Norma

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...