Sunday, July 22, 2012

An Alaskan Peep

My heart soars to learn that there are birds in this world called 'peeps' so I just had to draw one of them. I've started on 'Rufous-Necked Stint' who is in summer attire.
This is the preliminary sketch that I will draw upon for the finished painting. Now I'm starting to put down color.
I'd wanted to join in on the Tag Tuesday fun as this week the theme was water birds, but I fear I may not complete this bird in time for a post there. We shall see. Here's a closer view. I've given it a very black beak indeed.
Well, time to get back to the drawing board. I've not seen you for awhile so just wanted to pop in to say hello to everyone. Hope everything is good with you. *smiles* Norma

4 comments:

  1. Hee hee! Alaskan, no less! A great start, Norma, hope you will show us the completed Peep. xxoo, sus

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peep, Peep, Peep! Lovely work so far. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your birdie now!! beautiful!
    :-) mano

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks so beautiful Norma...Enjoy the process.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Thanks for dropping by and we'll see you soon, I hope, *smiles* Norma

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...