Sunday, August 23, 2015

Tiny Book

Drawing Challenge 174 TINY

I'd started to make a small book with a leather cover and hand made sturdy paper from my favourite paper mill for the inside signatures a few weeks ago, so decided to complete the prototype for this challenge. Here it is, warts and all...

I was going to use a 'peace' symbol charm, but as it is Sunday, decided on a 'cross' instead. I like the way it looks.



Here's the back, closed. The last picture shows what it might look like as a necklace. I placed a thinnish paper rope style here.
I wanted to figure out a few construction steps and managed them satisfactorily so it tickles me to see that I figured out how to use headbands and to install a small wire hanging loop that is unassuming visually, and how to manage the end papers and sewn binding. Now I feel confident to surge ahead and make some more. The size of this book closed is 1+1/8" Wide X 1+3/8" Tall. Thanks for popping by today; to see more offerings for this challenge of TINY, click onto this link where you will find our illustrious host Tammie! See you again soon, I hope, *smiles* Norma.

17 comments:

  1. Hi Norma! I love your tiny book with its cross and strap. What tiny secrets will go in between the tiny pages? Have a great week. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is so cool! Thanks for sharing with us.
    blessings
    ~*~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Norma - I've worked with leather a little and it is no mean feat to have made something so tiny!!
    I love that it looks like a holy book - or relic and that you can wear it around your neck like a charm :)
    Good luck with your next project!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm wondering what will come in this tiny treasure. - eric

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your tiny book, it looks like a tiny bible.

    thanks for your visit to my dc post, have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your tiny book, and yes, if you would like to put my poem in it you are welcome to do so.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love little things and I love books - this is a tiny masterpiece!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Norma, this tiny little leather book is so great, just wonderful and I'm full of admiration that you could manage to do this fickle little work!
    barbara bee

    ReplyDelete
  9. Norma, your tiny book is exquisite! I know how hard it is to make a regular-size book; i can't imagine how difficult it must be to make one so small.

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is not only adorable, well made, but also handsome.
    thank you for sharing the paper you like, i have tried one of their papers and like it too.

    I am so glad you could join us with your tiny book.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Norma, I love miniatures and that little
    book is just adorable :) Can you make one
    for me too? :))
    Have a beautiful week!
    Möwe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mowe, now that I have figured out how to make them, I am going to start making them for my etsy shop. I can let you know when it/any are listed if you would like. Thanks for your vote of confidence. I appreciate it so much! Norma, x

      Delete
  12. hey there, adorable tinyVWyellowbugqueen (i shall not ever remember correctly, but i'll always see the image before my eyes!)...
    did you know i LOVE tiny booklets???? well done, if this is a first, than you are handy queen, yeah? n♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. yes Norma you are the queen of tiny! How precious your tiny book is, and I am so happy to have a couple of your tiny creations - they are definitely treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like this!!! this is something i always wanted to do. Someday i will think about a tiny book!!!! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. hi norma, we never know, you might want to join in our DC again? it is up... welcome to our new drawing theme. see you over the weekend, nadine♥

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Norma! Happy Sunday to you! I hope your day was lovely. I wanted to thank you for your comment. I am glad you enjoyed my one day adventure to the Alaskan coast. We have decided to go again tomorrow, although it is supposed to rain, and the leaves have mostly gone from the trees here. I also wanted to tell you that the tea bag creations I made with a light shining through are called luminaries.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Thanks for dropping by and we'll see you soon, I hope, *smiles* Norma

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...